Appeal Apply Buy Donate File Pay Register Renew Report Volunteer Home Residents Contact Us About Us Businesses Media Room Visitors Help A to Z Departments Small Text Medium Text Large Text

County Surveyor
Andrew R. Jordan, RLS

P.O. Box 1022
Lula, Georgia 30554
(706) 677-5290

Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm

Andrew R. Jordan, RLS
County Surveyor
Andrew R. Jordan, RLS

"My mission is to help protect, preserve and develop one of the most costly and precious commodities you will ever own which is the land your homes and businesses rest on. I hope to be able to do that with honor and integrity in the years to come for the people of Banks County."

The Banks County Surveyor is a Georgia Registered Professional Land Surveyor who prepares recordable survey plats of land as directed by the Superior or Probate courts. The purpose of the survey requested is most often to settle a boundary dispute between adjoining property owners, however, it can be for other purposes as directed by the courts.
Andrew R. Jordan, RLS is a lifelong resident of Banks County elected in 2012 to serve as your County Surveyor. Andy holds a Bachelor's Degree in Surveying and Mapping from Southern Polytechnic State University and is professionally licensed in the state of Georgia as a Registered Land Surveyor. Andy's family being generational inhabitants of the county and his being both a husband and father show how deep his roots run here. He is committed to professionally and personally serving the people of Banks County in any way he can.

• Surveyor Services:
The Surveyor's Office Section is primarily responsible for producing the following listed items for compliance with State and local laws and ordinances:
Subdivision Maps Records of Surveys                 
Lot Line Adjustments Corner Records
Voluntary Mergers Certificates of Compliance
Boundary surveys ALTA Surveys
Property line and pin locations Togographic surveys
Large scale base maps GPS control
Elevation/flood certificate As-built surveys
Conceptual drawings Preliminary and final plats     
Construction layout for developments Wetlands and stream boundary locations
Storm water and sewer inventory surveys Septic plot plans

Surveying Terms:  
A Parcel Map shows the subdivision of land into Parcels for sale and is recorded in the County Recorder's Office. Parcel Maps typically contain fewer "Lots" than Tract Maps and requirements for improvements (to the property) are less extensive than for Tract Maps.

A Record of Survey Map shows survey activity, performed by private surveyors, and is recorded in the County Recorder's Office.

A Zone Map shows zoning information for that location.

A Tract Map shows the subdivision of land into Lots for sale and is recorded in the County Recorder's Office.

A Color Case Map shows subdivisions (Tracts, Parcel Maps, etc.), Streets & Highways dedicated to public use, proposed highway alignments, Waterways (rivers, lakes, canals), City limit boundaries, Local Government properties, Easements dedicated to public use (access, drainage, etc.) and recording information about each document.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How much does a survey cost?
A: Fees are determined on a project by project basis. Contact this office for further information..
Q: Where can I get a plat of my property?
A: Plat references can be found at the Assessor's Office. Plats are recorded at the clerk of Superior Court record room. Plats can also be obtained from the registered land surveyor who prepared them.

Employee Information Legal Notice Privacy Notice
Home Residents Businesses Visitors Help A to Z Contact Us About Us Media Room Calendar of Events Ask the Chairman SPLOST Dollars at Work Subscribe for Alerts 365 Degree Total Marketing Links BANKS Chamber NACO GGFOA ACCG